Monday, June 25, 2012

Two Weeks and Counting

Tomorrow makes 14 days straight of exercise and I am down 5lbs!!! My short-term goal is to reach 20lbs and my long-term will be 35-40...So my journey has just begun. I am beginning a morning gym routine tomorrow, Chris says he may join me, but we shall see what he says when that alarm goes off at 5:30 AM!!!! It would be nice to have an exercise partner, but in the end reaching my Ideal Body Weight is what it's all about. With reaching my Ideal Body Weight my body will function better, the stress on my bad joints will be relieved, and some serious "love my own body" will be back...I know people try to say be comfortable with the size you are, don't try to hide it, be proud....I wish I could, because that is really what we ALL should do no matter what our size is, but I have a hard time with it..Summer time really brings out the discuss of how I look. I put on shorts and my very short legs shows my weight, they are thick and pale and there is barely any definition from my knees to my calves, not to mention the cankles I just about have:( To me, this is what I hate the most about my body..I know some may think you are writing a blog, shouldn't you be teaching us to love ourselves? Well, it is hard to for me to teach something I have not yet achieved myself.. The truth be told even when I lose weight, my legs will still look bigger due to my short stature. My height will never change and since my goal weight is not the medically suggested 90-110lbs, I may not look perfect. But, as I go through this journey with all of you, part of my lesson to be learned is to love myself no matter what size I am; to discover that achieving health is the most important goal to have and not to look like a swimsuit model. I know curves are beautiful, I see women with curves all of the time and think how gorgeous they look. I must achieve the understanding that I too can look good with my God-given curves. I cannot wait to feel the since of freedom of putting on an outfit and not feel like I need a shrug to cover my arms or to wear pants so my legs don't show...I will say Free at Last, Free at Last!!!! God Bless and Best Wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment