Saturday, June 30, 2012

6LBS and Counting

I weigh in every single day...I am adamant of waking up, heading to both the Wii scale and my regular scale and getting the daily numbers. Finally, I have hit 6lbs lost. My goal is to be down 10 by the time my family and I head to Disney and the beach. I will be no-way feeling sexy in my flowered long-skirted bathing suit, but I will be able to remind myself that I am down 10 lbs and that I will only need another 20-30lbs to lose before I hit Ideal Body Weight!!! Taking this journey to reach my IBW is one that is rewarding but it is also one that takes so much desire and dedication. You have to tell yourself to get up and get moving, even at 5:40 AM. Tonight, Chris wanted to head to the gym, but after staying the night at my parents' without electricity and air-conditioning, I had barely slept today. But, he kept asking and finally, I said let's do it!!! I couldn't let that weaker voice win, I had to pull myself out of the hole I was trying to bury myself in and go. We went at 10:00 PM and was back by 11:00. I completed the Circuit Training again tonight. I really think doing that several days a week will bring on some progress. I can feel the changes and my weaker muscles such as my hamstrings and quads are starting to gain some strength. Of course, my body is sore and my joints are achy but I have to push through, there is no time to give in. It's all about finding that stronger you that lives inside and comes out at the most important times, getting into a healthier lifestyle is one of those times. Your future depends on how you treat your body, your lifespan can be determined on how you choose to live life. Being an over-weight couch potato will not help you see that 100th birthday. Now, if living to 100 is not a goal for you at least work towards living a life with as little health complications as possible. Give your body every fighting chance to get you through with as little medications and Dr. visits as possible. Make life something you get to participate in and not just something you are surviving. We are given this gift of time on Earth and we should make the very best of it all and enjoy it. Being healthy will help you keep the joy in your life. I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and that you all are getting Your Move On!!!! Best Wishes and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment