Saturday, June 23, 2012

The Beginning

Today I am starting this Blog and marking this as an official beginning of a journey to bring all of the necessary components to make me a happy and healthy person. When we decide to take the journey of losing weight, we usually only focus on eating better and physical exercise..All the while we are still being weighed down by daily stresses, painful pasts, and uncertain futures. These struggles only add to the challenges that we face trying to get to a healthier body weight. I named this Blog Walk-A-Weigh, What's Weighing You Down because sometimes we have to throw our hands up and walk away, literally!!! When our lives are so chaotic or we are stressing over something, just get up and walk away..Take that time to think about what is weighing you down. I don't just mean the physical weight we have around our middles but the monkey on our backs that we are lugging around and adding to the reasons we are overweight. At the same time your body is benefiting from this mini-me-time that you are providing yourself. Now, I am not saying walking is the only key and I will share all of the keys that I am using to open my own doors to health with everyone here. Like everything else certain exercises and other health suggestions won't work the same for everybody, but we give you something to try. What I can say is that everyone can benefit from working on themselves from the inside out. We cannot expect to take a magic pill or do a million set ups to lose weight and all will be well with the world. Rarely is a person overweight due to just loving food, we use food to love ourselves, to fill in empty spaces, or to comfort us during painful times. We may also choose not to eat enough out of fear of gaining weight, which in turns backfires and gives us bigger backsides. I am guilty of the later. I do not like to eat breakfast, I prefer two meals a day and I have the metabolism to show for it!! I also did not, up until recently, exercise regularly. When you mix those up with a lifetime of heartbreaks and filling undesirable you end up with my BMI of 36! Together we will embark this journey of self-discovery and save ourselves from the vicious weight-loss cycle we have gotten to know oh-to-well. I am looking forward to doing this with all of you and please share your stories here as well. Best Wishes and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment