Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Dear Scales, Please Show Me the Weight Loss!!!!

Yup, it is totally devastating working your buns off only to see that they really haven't gone anywhere. That's how I am feeling right now. Most people reach a plateau after 20 lbs and I have hit mine at 6.5 lbs! I work out 5 days a week varying between cardio, like the elliptical and circuit training. I am eating the dreaded breakfast, a bigger lunch, and a light supper. Pop and my favorite sweet-tea has been tossed aside for water, Crystal Light, and some diet pop. I have lost an inch in my calves, half inch in my waist, and I see muscular definition coming alive in my arms. Yet, I step on that scale it has gone nowhere! When you want so badly to lose 30-40 lbs, not seeing that scale change really makes this journey seem so harrowing and depressing.

I have grown to notice that I am not creating enough muscle confusion that is needed to spring weight-loss into overdrive. I really need to devise a plan that will create the proper workout to achieve the ultimate fat burning and muscle building to reach my goal weight. This will require research and organization. I walk in the gym every morning at 6 AM attacking it without a plan of attack. This does not work in war, nor does it work in the gym-life, we must make a workout plan. We need to know the sequencing of muscle groups and know what will lead us to the greatest results.

My aim over the next couple of weeks is to devise this plan and execute it. Then I will report the results with you all. If you have any ideas or know links for research feel free to share in the comment box. I want nothing more than to report back that the scales are finally showing the weight loss. I hope life is treating you all well and that your personal journeys are leading where you want to go. Best Wishes and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment